Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter!!

Easter is a big deal in our family. Every year for Easter our family color coordinates. We have done it forever. The girls used to wear the same dresses made by our grandmother. Now we don't go that far but we all have to coordinate. It's become such a tradition that when my mom said she did not think we were going to do it one year, all the girls said we had to. I'm proud to say I've matched every year of my life!
examples you ask?
In 2008 it was blue and green:


In 2009 it was brown and white with an accent color of your choice:

This year it was black and white. So what should the guys ties be... houndstooth, of course! I wanted to make the ties and my precious mom said that would be fine.
(NOTE: When you offer to make three ties don't wait till the last day to start, if something goes wrong you have no time to fix it.)
Any who I finally finished and the guys agreed to wear them. I made one for Alex too but because we were not together for church I didn't have a chance to get it to him; so it was my dad and Jameson in the end.
here is our picture for this year:
Here is a better picture of my dad's tie... Jameson's looked just like it:


I'm not going to lie, it's great to see someone wearing something I've made. I love to sew but when you sew something just to be sewing, it's not as great as doing it for a purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment